Learn how to create a new flight plan based on an existing one.
In some cases, you might need to re-fly the same mission multiple times or need to use the drone for a periodic mapping of the same area (e.g., mapping quarries). Instead of creating a new flight plan each time, read below how to re-use an existing one and save time.
- After selecting Create a new Flight Plan option in the main menu, instead of selecting Create new Flight Plan click on Create based on existing Flight Plan (1) and browse for an existing flight plan (2)
- Find the flight plan you want to re-fly/reuse. Browse for it using the Choose an existing Flight Plan window or choose the most recent one. Click Select afterward.
- Once the base flight plan is selected, please specify the name of the new flight plan. Make sure the name from the base flight plan isn't reused. After the name is defined, confirm it by clicking on Create.
- Select the camera type and confirm it by clicking on Finish. Note that you can change the camera types. If you are switching from RGB to RedEdge, make sure all the parameters are defined correctly before the flight. You can find information on how to do this in this knowledge base article.
- The new flight plan, which is based on the existing one, will appear. If the camera type didn't change, the safety and area parameters will remain the same. Otherwise, some of the area parameters (height above ground, frontal overlap) will be modified in order to achieve the same resolution (GSD) as was defined in the base flight plan.