This article guides you on how to process WingtraOne imagery in Bentley ContextCapture photogrammetry software. The step-by step instructions are tailored to the generation of 3D models with a6100 oblique imagery.
Setup new project
- Start a new project or open an existing one.
- Enter a project name and specify the path.
- Go to the Photos tab.
- Add images by selecting photos or by adding an entire directory. To import you have the following two options:
- Select the images in the OUTPUT folder. The coordinate system is automatically set to WGS84, ensure to specify the height system (PPK: Ellipsoidal height, Non-PPK: Sea level)
- Select the IMAGES folder and click on "Import Positions" to load the geotags from the .csv in the OUTPUT folder. You will be asked to specify the coordinate system of the geotags.
When importing the geotags from csv, you will need to manually specify the focal length: 12mm.
Include GCPs / checkpoints (optional)
By importing ground points, you can assess the accuracy of your project within Bentley ContextCapture. For more information on how many GCPs vs Checkpoints you should use, read the following article.
- After setting up the project go to the "Surveys" tab and import a text file.
- In the "3D view" tab, you can see the location of the checkpoints and the imported geotags. By clicking on one of the geotags close to a checkpoint, the respective image is highlighted in the preview list on the bottom. When changing back to the "Surveys" tab, the highlighted image that should contain a checkpoint will be displayed.
- Zoom in on the checkpoint and right-click on the measured location and assign this location to one of the imported points.
- When clicking on the point in the list on the right, the point settings are displayed. Here you can specify if a point should be used as Checkpoint only.
- Go to the General tab and click on "Submit aerotriangulation". Specify if you want to process the project on your desktop or in the cloud.
- Give the AT a name or use the default one.
- Define the positioning settings. When processing WingtraOne PPK data without GCPs, we recommend to set them as depicted below.
- Set the AT Settings as following:
- Open ContextCapture Engine to process the aerotriangulation, if it is not open already.
- Once the CC Engine is opened, the processing starts automatically.
- When the AT is finished, you can inspect the acquisition report and the quality report.
Generate 3D model
- In a fully processed AT block, you can start a new reconstruction on the bottom right to generate your map or 3D model.
- In the newly created Reconstruction there is a Spatial framework tab, where you can set the Spatial reference system, the processing bounding box, and the tiling.
- In the General tab, you can click on "Submit new Reconstruction" to define and start the reconstruction.
- Click through the Production definition interface to define your desired outputs: