How to update?
Please check out instructions how to update your WingtraPilot and WingtraOne software here
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.9.4 - May 2019
- Drone registration: All WingtraOne users are asked to register their drone under wingtra.com/register
- Physical Ready-to-Fly button is replaced with a button in WingtraPilot: Use the button in the preflight checklist instead of the physical button on WingtraOne from 1.9.4 onwards
- Flight and landing reliability updates: better control of landing speed, better handling of distance sensor failures, new tipping/crash detector that would shut off motors in case of a tipping or crash
- New pre-flight magnetic inclination check to prevent takeoff without sane compass measurements
- Bugfix for a case where RTH was not triggered on RC and telemetry communication loss
- Improved communication protocol for RX1R2
- Improved communication protocol for PPK module
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.9.3 - March 2019
- Multiple flight safety improvements
- Improved flight behaviour in locations with bad magnetic field conditions
- Enhancement of safety preflight checks
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.9.2 - December 2018
- Necessary update to continue using terrain data!
- Fixes a bug that occasionally prevented from completing the pre-flight checklist.
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.9.1 - November 2018
- Improvements in pre-flight motor check.
- Enable flying in locations with very weak Earth's magnetic field.
- Increased reliability of emergency landing mode.
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.9 - October 2018
- New safety features before takeoff:
- Smart motor check: Both motors are spinning separately just before takeoff. Takeoff would be aborted in case of failure.
- In case of magnetic interference or imbalanced battery cells, WingtraOne warns the the user and refuses to take off.
- Safety critical reliability improvements
- WingtraPilot available now in Chinese, Japanese and Spanish
- WingtraPilot support for high-end tablet Samsung Tab Active2
- Automated check for completeness of flight data after landing
- New UI design of WingtraPilot
- Location search functionality for online and offline maps
- Situation-aware low-battery RTH (Return-to-Home): Depending on planned transition altitude, the distance to home and the wind conditions, WingtraOne will come home earlier or later
- Low-battery RTH is not triggered automatically when in Assisted Mode
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
- Manual 1.9
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.8 - June 2018
- Terrain following: Use of elevation data ensures flight safety and consistent map resolution
- KML import with option to add polygons automatically to your Flight Plan
- Increased landing reliability
- Flight performance improvements
- Performance improvements for WingtraPilot
- Support of Google Ditu terrain map
- Basic WingtraPilot support of Japanese
- General improvements in camera identification and communication
- Support for RedEdge-M payload (for WingtraOne ID > 1135)
- Deep integration of QX1 incl. 20mm and 15mm lenses (for WingtraOne ID > 1135)
- Manual 1.8
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.7 - April 2018
- Faster geotagging on Android 7
- Improved failsafe logic for high winds and low battery
- PPK support - WingtraOne systems with ID > 1135 are PPK capable and need to be operated on version 1.7.0 or newer
- Manual 1.7
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.6 - November 2017
- Introduced a “ground elevation offset” to map areas that do not lie on home altitude.
- Altitude above sea level (a.s.l.) is given when WingtraOne is connected.
- “Loiter Waypoints” are introduced that define how WingtraOne flies between different areas. Additional Loiter Waypoints can also be added manually.
- Improved visualization of Flight Plan.
- New “battery swap & resume” feature that allows you to plan large Flight Plans that can be executed in several flights.
- Enabled flight logs download by connecting the tablet to WingtraOne with the USB cable.
- Geotags (position and orientation) can be exported to a csv-file. The format of the csv file can manually be specified.
- Possibility of setting negative side-overlaps for applications that require a large sample area but no stitching.
- Airspeed calibration required newly before every flight. Blowing into the airspeed sensor is not required anymore.
- Ability to set connection loss timeout parameter. This allows the user to fly without RC and telemetry connection for a specific number of seconds.
- Multiple reliability and stability improvements.
- Extensive improvements in sensor failure handling and state estimation robustness.
- Various safety enhancements, improved flight behaviour in windy conditions.
- Increased level of detail in flight log information and better error reporting.
- Manual 1.6
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.5 - July 2017
- Zendesk is introduced to support you even better.
- Improved backward transition preventing overshoots if winds < 5 m/s.
- Support for additional sensors (RX1RII and RegEdge).
- Removal of "WingtraOne market-entry restrictions", i.e. we get rid off on-top of law restrictions on flying above residential houses and streets.
- Improved landing by better ground detection and consistent timing of switching off motors.
- Improved landing accuracy by up to 2m in horizontal position.
- Increased maximum distance to home and flight altitude.
- New safety tab in flight planning for direct editing of geofence and minimum Return-to-Home altitude.
- New compatibility check for WingtraPilot and WingtraOne firmware versions.
- New in-app update page for downloading and updating new Wingtra releases (includes WingtraPilot, WingtraOne firmware and Manual releases).
- Selection of camera model when creating a new Flight Plan to configure WingtraOne according to the correct sensor.
- Geotagging robustified against any preflight images. Re-tagging of previously tagged images is now possible and copying the original images on geotagging can be disabled to save space on SD card.
- WingtraPilot is now partially translated to Chinese and contains new Chinese map providers.
- Numerous safety and design improvements, including sensor failure handling, reliable ground station communication, WingtraPilot bug fixes, flight control and reduced computational load.
- Manual 1.5
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.4 - May 2017
- Unified Home, Takeoff, Landing
- Welcome menu in WingtraPilot for user guidance
- Different Sensors Support (several RGB, multispectral)
- Landing accuracy improved
- Wind alignment after backtransition: In case of wind the WingtraOne will rotate right after back transition to optimally face the wind.
- Improved flight behavior in hover and cruise
- Simplified and robustified geotagging
- Fixed orientation of geotagged images
- Upgrade process
- Geofence made adjustable
- Improvements in Preflight Checklist
- Manual 1.4
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.3 - March 2017
- Improvements in flight behavior (e.g. descending in winds)
- Improvements in WingtraPilot stability
- New Return-to-Home logic
- Removed in-flight replanning of landing based on wind
- Changed RC stick assignment for cruise flight (Assisted Mode)
- Changed Emergency swich logic (new: click 3 times within 2 seconds)
- Terminology changes (Flight Plan, Assisted Mode, Ready-to-Fly)
- Preflight checklist improvements
- Manual 1.3
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.2 - February 2017
- Improvements in flight behavior
- Improvements in WingtraPilot stability
- Introduced WingtraPilot on tablet
- Introduced new Return-to-Home logic with user defined RTH altitude
- Introduced in-flight replanning of landing based on wind
- Manual 1.2
WingtraPilot & WingtraOne 1.1 - January 2017