In this article, you can find all the information in order to correctly pack the wing for a return shipment in a hard case.
In some cases, you will be asked to ship back the malfunctioning wing and payload to Zurich, either to investigate a malfunction or to perform repairs.
In order to correctly pack the wing into the hard case and avoid damaging the drone during transportation, please follow the provided steps:
- Take the hard case
- Make sure WingtraOne is not powered
- Remove the batteries from the drone
- If it is necessary, include the payloads (camera mount, camera, PPK module) as discussed with Wingtra Support
- Tape (with yellow tape) the top cover to the fuselage to protect it from falling off
- Place the drone into the hard case, as it is shown in the pictures below and depending on the model of your hard case
- In case the pilot box does not need to be sent back, wrap the telemetry antenna with the bubble wrap and use tape to stick it to an inlay
- Close and lock the hard case. Put it into the original cardboard box in which it was delivered, and tape it, so it cannot be opened itself
- Wait for the shipping documents (waybill and proforma invoice). Once you receive the documents, attach them outside the package - 1x waybill and 3x proforma invoice.