In this article, you can find all the information in order to correctly pack the wing for a return shipment in a cardboard box with PU (polyurethane foam) inlay.
In some cases, you will be asked to ship back the malfunctioning wing and payload to Zurich, either to investigate a malfunction or to perform repairs.
In order to correctly pack the wing into a cardboard box with PU inlay and avoid possible damaging of the drone during transportation, please follow the steps below:
- Take the cardboard box with PU inlay
- Make sure WingtraOne is not powered
- Remove the batteries from the drone
- If it is necessary, include the payloads (camera mount, camera, PPK module) as discussed with Wingtra Support
- Remove the nose cover and the middle stand. Insert them into the predefined locations, as it is shown on the image below
- Put the foam foil/ bubble foil on the foam. Put the wing on the wrap as it is shown on the image below
- In case the pilot box does not need to be sent back, put the telemetry antenna into a plastic bag, place it inside the foam, and tape it, as it is shown on the image below
- Bent the rest of protective wrap over the drone
- Put the cardboard top cover
- Close the cardboard box, and tape it, so that it cannot be opened itself
- Wait for the shipping documents (waybill and proforma invoice). Once you receive the documents, attach them outside the package - 1x waybill and 3x proforma invoice.