In this article, you can find all the information in order to correctly pack the wing for a return shipment in cardboard box.
In some cases, you will be asked to ship back the malfunctioning wing and payload to Zurich, either to investigate a malfunction or to perform repairs.
In order to correctly pack the wing into a cardboard box and avoid possible damaging of the drone during transportation, please follow the steps:
- Take the cardboard box
- Make sure WingtraOne is not powered
- Remove the batteries from the drone
- If it is necessary, include the payloads (camera mount, camera, PPK module) as discussed with Wingtra Support
- If PPK will be shipped, place the Transport-Protection on the PPK.
- Unscrew the PPK antenna and wrap it with bubble wrap
- Take the cardboard box and make sure there are no more stickers on it except the “fragile” sticker
- In the bottom part of the cardboard box (smaller one) add the 4 lower inlays
- Add a piece of bubble wrap on the top of the inlays
- Place the drone inside. Make sure the camera lens faces downwards. Pay attention to the side stands - do not wrap the side stands, just push them through the bubble wrap.
- Add another piece of bubble wrap on top of the drone
- Add the top inlays
- Wrap the top cover with bubble wrap and place it in the box
- In case the pilot box does not need to be sent back, wrap the telemetry antenna with bubble wrap and use tape to stick it to an inlay
- Close the cardboard box and secure it with tape so it cannot be opened by itself
- Place the cardboard box upright. If the pilot box needs to be shipped back as well attach it to the side as shown in the picture. If available place the two packages together on a pallet.
- Wrap the packaging with packaging foil and duct tape, so that both boxes are secured properly on the pallet
- Wait for the shipping documents (waybill and proforma invoice). Once you receive the documents, attach them outside the package - 1x waybill and 3x proforma invoice.